Supporting our community in Sport.
Te tautoko i te iwi mā te hākinakina
At Upper Hutt School our students, parents and teachers believe that Partnership is…
- People playing for each other and not for themselves – there is no “i” in team.
- Being positive and praising your teammates.
- Supporting all people involved in the team environment – coaches, managers, teachers, students.
- Encouraging each other to be/do their best.
- Inclusive of all ages and abilities.
- Involving parents, whanau and older siblings, in coaching, supporting and leading.
- Respecting cultural practices.
At Upper Hutt School our students, parents and teachers believe that Respect is…
- Talking nicely to others – Using positive language that supports teammates and acknowledges their efforts.
- Respecting the referees decisions.
- Fairplay – playing hard, but playing fair.
- Sportsmanship – shaking hands with the opposition,
- being prepared for all practices and sporting events.
- Thanking coaches and referees after a game.
- Listening and respecting the rules of the game.
- Being humble – especially when you win or lose.
- Respecting your opposition.
- Looking after any UHS sports uniform that is borrowed and returning it to school after use.
At Upper Hutt School our students, parents and teachers believe that Integrity is…
- Doing your best all the time.
- Doing the right thing, wherever you are.
- Telling coaches if you are not able to make a training.
- Being honest.
- Playing by the rules.
- Turning up to trainings and practices.
- Taking ownership for your actions on and off the field.
- Using positive language that supports your teammates.
At Upper Hutt School our students, parents and teachers believe that Determination is…
- Never giving up, anywhere, anytime, for any reason.
- Challenging yourself.
- Showing a growth mindset with your sport.
At Upper Hutt School our students, parents and teachers believe that Empathy is…
- Encouraging others
- Accepting that everyone has different strengths and weaknesses.
- Being patient with others
- Accepting that there are different skills and abilities within a team or class.
- Being sensitive to others needs
Valuing everyone’s role in a team and what they bring.