Assessment & Reporting
This page outlines our reporting process across the year. Our goal is to regularly report to you about your child's progress and achievement. We also want information to be relevant and timely. Twice a year you will receive a written report. Twice a year there will be 'Learning Conferences'. The Learning Conferences are a time for the parent(s)/ caregiver, child and class teacher to meet to discuss and see examples of your child's learning.
Although these dates are set across the year, we have an 'open door' policy. This means, that we are happy to meet/talk with you at any time throughout the year to discuss your child. Please also be assured that if teachers have concerns about your child's learning, we will be in touch with you at any time across the year. We know that supporting your child to achieve their potential is best achieved when the school and home work closely and collaboratively.
For children in Year 4,5 & 6:
- Term One - Learning Conference
- Term Two - Written report
- Term Three - Learning Conference
- Term Four - Written report
For children in Year 1,2 & 3:
Children in Years 1,2,& 3 have their reporting cycle based on the Term they started school. The reason for this, is that children are assessment in relation to the New Zealand Curriculum depending on when they started school. This means that children in their first three years of school will achieve a written report approximately six months after they started school and another written report at the end of the school term of their birthday. For example if a child started in May (Term 2), they would receive their first progress report approx. six months later in Term 4. They would then receive their anniversary report approximately six months after that, in term Two the following year (one year after they had started school).
- Term One - Learning Conference & written reports for all children whose birthdays fall within 4th Feb - 5th May & 22nd July - 14th October
- Term Two - Written reports for all children whose birthdays fall within 6th May - 22nd July & 13th October - 3rd February
- Term Three - Learning Conference & written reports for all children whose birthdays fall within 23rd July - 13th October & 4th February - 5th May
- Term Four - Written reports for all children whose birthdays fall within 14th October - 4th February & 6th May - 21st July
We believe this process will ensure the information you receive about your child's learning will be relevant and timely.